Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bachelorette Party Invites

Bachelorette Party Invites

Hey All! Oh boy, it has been quite a week! The week began with me succumbing to the little flu bug that had been bothering me for a few days. I spent Monday and Tuesday mostly on the couch.

There's nothing like being totally useless and sick to:
1. Make you wish you still were little and lived with your mommy & daddy, so they could take care of you. (Is it ridiculous that I wish I could ask Jeremy to stay home from work and bring me popsicles when I'm sick?)
2. Put you SUPER BEHIND on so many things that you have to do!   

Even though I was sick/still recovering this week, I managed to get a lot done!
I finished our wedding thank yous (finally), got them sent out, went shopping for gifts for my sister's wedding shower, went shopping with my sister for my bridemaid dress for her wedding, went shopping AGAIN for the dress, because they didn't have my size at the first store, made Friday Treats for work (with Jeremy's help), made my craft for the wedding, ran 4 times, and finally went to my sister's wedding shower in Michigan yesterday.

Is it any wonder that I slept 14 hours last night and took a 2 hour nap today? Yup, that happened.

BUT it was totally worth it to spend 6 hours in the car looking at this yesterday.


Isn't she getting so big and beautiful?
And snapping this picture after the shower.

Cute little family

So, now, onto my craft for the week.

The week before the wedding, I am throwing my sister a bachelorette party. Of course, we needed invitations. So, I looked at some online and in a couple stores. They were all pink and black and just a little too "bachelorette party-y". Since Em wants this to be a lower key affair, they just didn't seem right.

So, I headed over to The Paper Source (I went to a store, but their website is great too) and picked up some fall colored supplies to go with the theme of their wedding.

And then I gave my sister about 5 options of neighborhoods/businesses were we could go get mani/pedis and sushi (I MAY have gone overboard).

Then, I was ready to print.

I am pretty impressed with myself for coming up with a printing idea. I wanted to have cute fall paper to print the invitations on, instead of plain white. So, I looked up a picture of fall leaves on google images. Then, in Microsoft Word, I went to "edit background" and inserted the picture of the leaves. I had to monkey with scale of the background and if I wanted it "muted" or not (I chose not). But, overall, it was an easy and inexpensive way to get patterned paper!

I started with two different colored big envelopes to put the invitations in. I also got little envelopes for the guests to send back their RSVPs. As you can see from the photo, if the guest had a big yellow envelope, they get a small red one and vice versa.



Next, I tackled putting together the RSVPs. The salon that we are going to wants to know ahead of time which services guest are getting. So, I added that to my RVSP. 

I also added a purple card. I put a note of explanation for the guests, but didn't take a great picture for you guys to see. The guests will use the purple card to write out their wildest, craziest, most bachelorette worthy moment with Em. Then we will all guess who wrote what.

I know my sister didn't want too many silly games, penis straws, and stuff like that, so I thought this would be a fun alternative. PLUS, I have never had my CRAZIEST moment with a friend at her bachelorette party. I have been to a bunch, they have all been fun, but usually by the time it's your turn to get married, your craziest days are behind you. I thought this might be a fun way to have my sister relive hers. 



Then, I put together the front. I added some twine to the edge, because I thought it made the card look a little more "fall-y".



And then, the inside spread. I used little pieces of masking tape to tape the front side of the pre-stuffed envelope (that already had my address) to the card, and then the RSVP instructions to the envelope.



And, then I was done! I was really happy with how they turned out! 

I'm off to run some errands and spend some time with Jeremy!

Until next time, keep crafting!

SB

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely cute as can be. Nice job, Sara.
    Love, Pat

    ReplyDelete