Friday, May 25, 2012

Wedding Programs

Wedding Programs

It's that time! Wedding projects are going to start coming up quickly! The wedding is 36 days away! 36 DAYS BABY! I'm excited, can you tell? Also a little overwhelmed by the sheer amount of things we have left to do. Especially because we will be back in Michigan this weekend and in two weekends. And NEXT week, my mom and I are throwing a shower for my sister at my apartment. (More on that next week. I have some cute things planned that I can't wait to share!)


Jer and I have finalized what readings and songs we want for our wedding. I had some spare time this week, thanks to parent-teacher conferences.


I decided that I would tackle these wedding programs. And it is a GOOD THING I had some time to do to this. The project took about 18 hours. With help from others. And gathering the supplies and writing everything out beforehand.


FIRST, before I show you what I did and how I did it, you NEED to know something. My good friend (and bridesmaid) Lindsay got married last year. She was gracious enough to give me her template for her program. And her help didn't stop there. Not only did she let me know where to buy everything I needed, loan me her glue gun so I'd have an extra, and help me with technical difficulties when the computer messed up the programs (thanks to her husband, Rico for helping with that too). She also printed all of them out for me using her printer. What a lucky lady I can to have such a  generous and crafty (even though she won't admit it) friend! THANK YOU LINDSAY!


OK, now onto the craft.


First, I used Lindsay's format and printer to print out the two sides of my program. One side is, of course, the program. The other side is the wedding party. Also, check out the site tagxedo.com. I didn't take a great picture of the little heart in the corner, but it's actually a word cloud with the words to "Grow Old with Me" (one of the songs that is being sung at our wedding). It's a really cool and free website.




OK, next, I bought jumbo popsicle sticks at the kid's craft section of JoAnn's. I was going to try spray painting them, but got discouraged when they didn't look white at all after two coats. So, I decided to paint them with paint instead. BIG PROJECT. But they turned out pretty nice.






After I got done painting both sides and peeling the extra paint off the edges, it was time to start to ensemble the programs. I went through a lot of hot glue!
First, I glued the stick to the back of the program.



Then, I put glue all around the outside edge and an "X" in the middle of the program. I QUICKLY stuck the other side of the program to it.



And it looked like this!




By the time Jeremy got home last night, I was working on the final step. Jeremy and I worked for about 3 hours to tie and glue little pink ribbons onto the programs.


And here is the end result!





We are really pleased with how they turned out! 


And now, we will be setting off for Michigan again in just a little bit. I am thankful for the LONG weekend, but a little sad that the weatherman just started predicting thunderstorms. BOO! Hopefully he's WRONG!


Have a wonderful long weekend!


Until next time, keep crafting!


SB

No comments:

Post a Comment