Sunday, February 19, 2012

Love Deck

52 Reasons

As you all know, Tuesday was Valentine's Day. Jeremy and I are big fans of Valentine's Day. Usually, we take a trip right around this time (over President's Day weekend) and celebrate on the trip. Since we planning a wedding (four and half months!!!), we decided to celebrate in Chicago this year. We decided to go inexpensive on Valentine's this year, and go out to a nice dinner.

Jeremy and I have a different ideas of how to go inexpensive on a Valentine's gift. I decided to hide little Boston Terrier Valentine's cards all around the apartment for Jeremy to find when he was getting ready for work (see the Etsy.com link to the cards Jeremy's Valentine's Cards). And, of course, I decided to go crafty. (More on Jeremy's Valentine's Day to me later).

Here's my finished product!


This project uses a deck of cards and a lot of imagination (and tons of Mod Podge)! Start off by writing a list of 52 reasons you love your significant other...make them silly, serious, and/or full of inside jokes!

Next, print off little squares that have reasons 1-52 on them. I used about 5 different fonts for all of the reasons, so the cards didn't look so uniformed. You are going to Mod Podge them onto the backs of cards (the colored side without numbers). You will actually need 53 cards, as the first card only has the cover on the front (see picture) and "Reason #1) on the back. I used one of the Joker cards in the mix of my cards.

After you Mod Podge, let the cards dry overnight.

Next, you are going to write the 52 reasons on the front of the cards. Here are the different ways I spiced up my cards...

Pictures from the Internet
Use labels from food
Use the content on the card (for you non-euchre players, Jacks are important)
Use your pictures
Use stickers, like the football


Just write on the card

Make sure you punch out two holes before you Mod Podge, so you can put the rings through. Let them dry overnight, then put together your book!

Have you figured out my gift from Jeremy yet? He got me a new camera!!! YAY! Can you tell the difference in my photos? I know I can! He didn't quite stick to our low budget Valentine's Day, but he knew I really WANTED a new camera for my blog. Also, we are looking forward to using it for our honeymoon! He also got me BEAUTIFUL flowers from my favorite flower shop in Logan Square. See if you can spot them in my blog next week!

I was SO excited to give Jeremy this gift, and he said it was the BEST Valentine's Day gift he'd ever received! Who can blame him? Who wouldn't like to hear 52 reasons they are GREAT?? I know Valentine's Day has passed, but this would make a great birthday, Christmas, or everyday gift! I can't take credit for this idea though, I found it on Pinterest. I couldn't find directions on how to put it together, so I hope you other "Pinterest-ers" will find this blog helpful!

I'm off for another fabulous weekend day with Jer and the pup! Next week, a quick, easy, and thoughtful gift!

Until then, keep crafting! 

SB





2 comments:

  1. Love it! You are so sweet Bear! Jer is one lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Way too crafty for me, but how neat. Jer certainly is one lucky guy! Love Pat

    ReplyDelete