Sunday, August 26, 2012

Honeymoon Collage

Honeymoon Collage

This week and weekend has been all about playing catch up and getting organized. This was at work and at home. Because we were so busy once we got home from our honeymoon, I never felt like I settled back into home and a routine. I spent a lot of the day yesterday and this morning doing laundry, organizing, cleaning, and writing thank yous for the wedding (they WILL be in the mail this week).

My project this week is an extension on settling back in and getting organized. I lived in Germany for about four and a half months while I was doing my student teaching in college. Of course, I took a lot of pictures and gathered a lot of tickets, brochures, maps, and receipts. When I got home, I made a HUGE scrapbook and included both pictures and mementos.

For our honeymoon, I wanted to again take a lot of pictures and gather a lot of mementos. But this time, I had a slightly different plan for our mementos.

Here's a look at the finished product.


And there's how I got there...


I used one of the Target gift cards from our wedding to buy a 16x20 inch frame.


I gathered all of our mementos.


I cut a map of Heidelberg to fit the 16x20 frame. It's actually facing up and down when the map is read across, but since I just used it as a background, it doesn't really matter.


Jeremy likes the progress I'm making.


Then, I just kept layering different mementos until I got to the look Jeremy and I liked.


Here's the finished product out of the frame.



And the finished product in the frame.

Jeremy and I both REALLY like this project. It's in our dining room, and as I'm typing this, I keep glancing over to look at it. It's a fun reminder of our wonderful honeymoon.

And now I'm off to get ready for the Boulevard Fest. Jeremy and I are heading there with some friends (if it doesn't rain).

Until next time, keep crafting!

SB

No comments:

Post a Comment