Monday, June 25, 2012

Wedding Odds & Ends

Photo booth Props

I have a confession to make. I'm a little nervous to say it, as it may cause tomatoes to be thrown at me. Here goes...

I have had an easy time planning my wedding.

Whew...I'm glad I got that off my chest.

I should clarify. There have been bumps along the way. There have been vendors that have been a little hard to get ahold of. There have been some guests who have forgotten to RSVP. There have been some surprises and adjustments (i.e. a VERY pregnant maid of honor). Jeremy and I have had some tiffs. But overall, it's been good. (As to not jinx myself...notice I said PLANNING the wedding. Hopefully the wedding day goes as smoothly).

Yesterday was one of the bumps along the way. I had great plans to get up, get going, get stuff done, then blog about it. That. did. not. happen.

Instead, I woke up. Had a horrible headache. Drove all over. Got caught in traffic. Went to JoAnns twice. Met some very unhelpful people at Menards. Cried. Called my dad to fix things (& he did). Drove all over again. Didn't get what I needed. Gave up.

And that was the short version.

Luckily, today has been a MUCH better day. Things have gone well. I have run errands; I have been crafty; I have gotten my hair cut & colored and had eyebrows waxed and still look normal. Things are looking up. Life is good once again. HOORAY!

Since we got engaged, Jeremy and I LOVED the idea of having a photo booth at our wedding. So, when a Groupon came up for Fotohuis last fall, we were on it like white on rice.

I knew I wanted some props. I decided trying to gather hats, sunglasses, and all that stuff would be too much, so I decided to make my own.

First, I went online and printed off props from Accent the PartyLucky Number 9, and Lisa Welge. I (and by I, I mean Lindsay, my bridesmaid with the colored printer. thanks again, Lindsay) printed them off on card stock.


Then, on one of my trips to JoAnns, I pick up some white foam with a sticky back.


I gathered my materials.


Then, I stuck one paper on the sticky side of each piece of foam and cut them out.





My mustaches were not black, so those were colored in with a permant marker.



Then, using a hot glue gun and some shish kabob skewers, I attached handles.



And there you have it. Photo booth props. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.





5 days folks! I'm off to continue crafting & preparing. I'm going to take a couple weeks off for the wedding/honeymoon, but will be back in full force mid-July with some wedding & honeymoon stories and some more crafts from the wedding.

Until next time, keep crafting!

SB





1 comment:

  1. So looking forward to trying those "props" out. Sorry you had such a rough day, and hope the rest go smoothly for you.
    Love, (the other) Mom

    ReplyDelete