Monday, April 23, 2012

Pillowcase Shirt

Comfortable Shirt

I love going up to see my parents. I love being in Northern Michigan, away from all of the hustle and bustle of the city.

BUT, I do LOVE being in the city. I traded in early morning sunrises over a lake for EARLY morning bus stops.


I traded in seeing Mosby running free in the woods for him enjoying walks on our tree lined street.


And I traded in enjoying time with my parents to enjoying time with Jeremy.


Jeremy and I are beginning to get really busy with wedding and other fun stuff. Last weekend, I had a BEAUTIFUL bridal shower given by my aunts and mom and attended my some of my favorite ladies.

This weekend, Jeremy and I went to a Cubs game (Jeremy's birthday present from me).


So, that's the reason for my tardy post.

Now, perhaps a pillowcase shirt peaked your interest.

Don't judge. OK, judge a little. I am a little embarrassed to write about this craft.

Here's how it happened...

Jeremy and I received so many beautiful gifts at my shower, I had to clear out some room. I was packing up a box to give to charity when I came across a black, jersey fabric pillowcase.

I decided that I would waste this one pillowcase to see if I could make it into a shirt.

Here's the end result.


Not bad, huh? The best part?? I didn't sew at all.

Here's what I did.

Start with a pillowcase.


Fold in half.


Cut from the top (opposite of the opening where the pillow would go in). Start about three fingers in. Swoop down as you cut (about a half inch) then swoop back up to end with three fingers of material on the other side.

Now cut arm holes. Use a seam ripper to cut about 6 inches for arm holes, starting about 2 fingers from the top.


All set! The pillowcase's natural edge gives the bottom a nice finished edge.

photo by Jeremy
Off to enjoy some delicious burgers with my man. BTW don't miss his photo shoot below! :)

Until next time, keep crafting!

SB






No comments:

Post a Comment