Monday, January 2, 2012

Gracie's Birthday Gift

Happy New Year's!!!

Of course, my break from school ended up being busier than being at work. BUT, Jeremy and I had such an awesome time hanging out with our AWESOME families and WONDERFUL friends back in Michigan, it was totally worth it! 

As part of my New Year's Resolution, I am going to write on my blog AT LEAST once a week. .I'm not sure how all of my creations will look...thinking there might be a few cooking/baking creations scattered in. For the next few days, I am going to be catching up on previous crafts that are completed but not blogged...so get ready!

So, without further ado, here is Grace's birthday gift!




Grace Ryan is my best friend, Maggie, and good friend, Mike's little girl. I found this project on Pinterest (a sort of online idea board, for those non-Pinners).

The general idea is, every year, on a child's birthday, take a picture of the child and ask them the same set of 20 questions. So, I decided to provide the scrapbook conplete with questions. I thought that it was PERFECT timing to make her this gift, because she hadn't had her 1st birthday yet. Of course, Maggie and Mike will have to help her answer the first few years, but the general idea will be there.

So...here's a peak at my materials and the inside of the scrapbook!

Materials I used: scrapbook, scrapbook paper, stickers, questions list.

I learned from my Gram that you ALWAYS need to sign books you give to others.

The question page (see full list at the bottom of the post).

Grace's three year old page. Her picture will go on the left hand side.
So, like every time I give a homemade gift, I was really nervous to give Maggie and Mike the gift. Thankfully, they really seemed to like it! Mike said that Grace will have this out at her high school open house...kinda cool to think about! Their good friends Becky and Aaron just had a little girl, and Becky said she wanted to use my idea for Baby Addison! Fun!


Until next time! Keep crafting! 

SB

My list of questions:

1. What is your favorite color?
2. What is your favorite toy?
3. What is your favorite fruit?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
5. What is your favorite thing to do with Mom?
6. What is your favorite outfit?
7. What is your favorite game?
8. What is your favorite snack?
9. What is your favorite animal?
10. What is your favorite song?
11. What is your favorite book?
12. Who is your best friend?
13. What is your favorite movie?
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
15. What is your favorite drink?
16. What is your favorite holiday?
17. What do you like to take to bed every night?
18. What is your favorite thing to do with Dad?
19. What do you want as your birthday dinner?
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?

No comments:

Post a Comment