Sunday, March 10, 2013

Love: Infinity Scarf

During the month of February (and now March), I've decided to create a series of posts based on the different real life love stories that inspire me. I'll be featuring friends and family, and their different types of love.

Without really thinking about it, I picked the perfect month to feature love on my blog. The theme started off because February is, of course, the month of Valentine's Day.

What I hadn't considered at the beginning of February is how much I would be seeing my family and how they carried me through a very difficult and stressful month at work, simply by being around.

I started working on this scarf in January, right about when things started to get stressful at work. I actually started working on it the last time we saw my parents before they went on their yearly winter trip (this time to Florida and Dominican Republic).


I continued to work on the scarf as we took our trip to Texas to see Jeremy's sister and family. I took a break from the scarf and the stress of work on this trip. 

I feel so lucky that I ended up with a second family (in-laws, if you will), that make me feel so at ease, relaxed, and carefree.


My cousin, Kristen, and her son, Colton came to stay with Emily, Tony, Sofia, Jeremy, and I the next weekend. I picked Kristen and Colton up from the airport after a particularly disastrous meeting at end of a Friday. Had Kristen and Colton not been in town, my weekend probably would have been spent wallowing.

But, after Kristen, Em, and Tony lent a sympathetic ear, the weekend was spent having fun, hanging out together at Emily's.


And spending time at the Children's Museum at Navy Pier.




I also have been helping out a couple evenings a week with Sofia. Tony is out of the country with his family, and it's truly been the highlight of my weeks to spend evenings with Sofia. (Plus her early bedtime has given me a lot of time for knitting.)


Last weekend, I spent time with friends that have become family.

Maggie's husband, Mike and daughter, Grace, with Sofia.
And my Gram, Aunt Cindy, and Aunt Judy came into town for the day on Sunday. Emily hosted with a fabulous brunch. We spent time laughing at Sofia grabbing ice cubes out of Aunt Cindy's drink and enjoying watching Sofia grow.


And all month (really almost two months now), there has been Jeremy. Always quietly stepping up to the plate, ready to back me up when I need it the most. Taking care of the dog, grocery shopping, making meals, always there, quietly helping.


Things are getting better at work; they've just started looking up this week, just as I was finishing my scarf.

Fittingly, the scarf has some unexpected twists and turns (from a knitting error I made, it's more of a figure 8 than a circle), and things at work has taken an unexpected twist with a slightly different role than I was expecting.


But, with the love of my family, everything turned out just fine.


Thank you family!

Until next time, keep crafting.

SB

No comments:

Post a Comment