Sunday, March 11, 2012

Luck of the Irish

St. Patty's Day Craft

It was another one of those weekends...I had the best of intentions of being really crafty, then just ran out of time. It started with Happy Hour Entire Evening on Friday with a friend from work. Then Saturday was full of cleaning and the Big Ten Basketball Tournament (GO GREEN!), followed by an evening of good food and good friends. Today was GORGEOUS, so of course Jeremy and I HAD to walk up to our fave brunch spot Lula's. Then, it was off to see my sis, followed by some more Big Ten Tourny (again GO GREEN!!). When I finally started on my well-intentioned craft, it didn't go as planned. So...on to Plan B. It turned out really well, don't you think?


And, better yet, it was so simple. 

First, get a 8x10 canvas (they come in 3 packs at JoAnn's for a couple bucks). While you are at JoAnn's, grab some scrapbook sticker letters. Place them on the canvas. I always start with the middle letter, so my letters are placed evenly across the canvas without a lot of readjusting.


Make sure they are stuck on really well. Then, paint over the whole canvas. Be careful around the stickers.


Next, wait for it to dry. Or, if you have no patience (like yours truly), then blow dry it for about 5 minutes. After it's dry, carefully pull the letters off.



You have your finished product. I told you it was easy.


And it's ready for display anywhere in your home. I love my book case/hutch/bar in my dining room for displaying holiday decor and other crafty things.


That's it folks. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Enjoy St. Patty's!

Until next time, keep crafting!

SB

1 comment:

  1. For goodness sakes! Even I could do that one. How cool. You are indeed crafty. Love, Pat

    ReplyDelete