Sunday, April 21, 2013

Baby Hat

Happy Sunny Sunday!

Jeremy and I have had a really relaxing and productive weekend. We enjoyed some time together, catching up on Mad Men. We mostly just hung around the house, except last night, when we headed over to my sister's to watch Sofia so that Em and Tony could have a night out together. (Do not worry family, pictures of Sofia are coming up soon.)

We have friends, Ian and Lynn. Ian is one of Jeremy's oldest and best friends. They go way back to the days of hanging out in Jeremy's parent's basement. Jeremy and Ian are a part of a group of five or six guys who have been hanging out, playing video games, watching SO MUCH ESPN, and drinking until the wee hours of the morning since high school.

Lynn started dating Ian when she was still in high school. She was the first of the wives to be introduced to this group. She is a trooper and has made a very good den mother to these yahoos.

Now, in a few short weeks, Ian and Lynn are expecting their first baby. They have decided not to find out the gender of the baby. I wanted to make a little something for the baby, and decided to knit a hat. I found a pattern on Ravelry, a knitting website, and set to work.

Since they don't know the gender, I went with an oatmeal type color. I used a knitting pattern that is ribbed, so it will stretch and the baby will be able to wear it longer.

Here's a picture of it completed.


And, since baby hats look cuter ON babies, I used Sofia as a hat model. 


This hat is small enough for a newborn but has enough stretch to fit a 9 month old. The fold adjusts so that the length can grow as the baby's grows. The hat can actually be worn without a fold when the baby's head is too long.

Emily loved the hat, so I am going to get started on one for Sofia. I think that I will make her hat a little longer so it has a fold and it covers her ears well (and will continue to fit in the fall).

Here's a cute picture of Sofia and her Uncle Jeremy.



And now, a quick update on my 27 list. I have been making good progress.

1. Finish changing my name on all documents. (I sort of stalled mid-change)-some progress has been made
2. Write four three two more blog posts featuring a craft.
3. Finish a knitting project for a friend's new edition. 
4. Run 27 22.5 14 miles.
5. Update information for my Illinois teaching certificate.
6. Four three two weekly visits to the dog park with Mosby.
7. Use a new pattern to make a fun Spring skirt for myself.
8. Clean out my (and Jeremy's) closets.
9. Donate items to Goodwill.
10. Try one new food.
11. Call Haley.(Hal, hopefully this weekend!!)
12. Do some landscaping on the back patio. (Even though we rent, it's nice to maintain for guests.)
13. Purchase the graduation gift I've been eyeing for a certain grad.
14. Catch up on Mad Men.
15. Visit Maggie (and Michael and Grace).
16. Organize my craft room.
17. Purchase a few needed items for our home (including a new pillow for Jer).
18. Take one instagram photo a day. So far, so good.
19. INSIST that I watch Sofia while my sister and Tony go out on a date. 
20. Formally introduce Jeremy to Moscow Mules. (I mentioned them here.)
21. Ask for a recommandation, buy, and listen to an album of a new band. (Feel free to leave me a comment with a recommandation!)  Thanks, Lizzy, for recommending The Civil Wars. They are awesome.
22. See The Godfather. 
23. Call my Gram.
24. Finish The Paris Wife. SO GOOD! 
25. Change my blog heading. 
26. Start our honeymoon photo album.
27. One random act of kindness.


Have a great week!

Until next time, keep crafting!

SB

No comments:

Post a Comment