Monday, August 20, 2012

Beaches, Beers, and Bragging

Beaches, Beers, and Bragging

Hi All! We're back from the Mitten! We actually got back last night, but Michigan fun is tiring (as shown by Mosby 10 minutes into our trip home)



 so I decided to wait until today to write up my blog. (Please don't mind the iphone photos. Brought my camera...forgot the memory card...ugh)

So, let's start with beaches. As I've shared before, we do a lot of hiking when we are up at my parents. This was my beautiful complete with some of my favorite people (and animals) on the way back from our Saturday Lake Michigan hike. Can you spot Mos romping through the dunes?


Next, let's do beer. We went to Suds on the Shore in Ludington with parents, some friends, and lo and behold, Jeremy's folks and friends showed up too! It was great fun to have so many people to sample great beers with. Here's a couple views from the beer portion of our weekend!

Jeremy and I with our parents

Too much fun with temporary tattoos! 

Wolf's Pretzel Necklaces...coming soon to a beer fest near you!
And last for the bragging. My mom and dad are crafty folks. Well...I don't think you are supposed to call men crafty...so let's go with my mom is crafty and my dad is handy. I asked for their permission to show off some of their finest creations. Let's start big picture.


Here's the view of our lake house from the lake. My parents had a builder put up walls and all, but everything you see here was all them! That includes the siding, steps, landscaping...nice huh??


Those cute little pilings you see are one of the newest additions. My parents got their hands on some old electrical poles left over from when the electric went underground. Then they got some rope and REALLY long screws. They look great in the yard and really go with the lake theme.


Here's the bar! Hooray! We love the bar! My parents had the bar top made from a tree on the property, then put the whole thing together themselves. Don't you look the aluminum siding? Matches the ceiling! Awesome!


Here's the cork board I was talking about in my blog a couple weeks ago. I LOVE how my mom made an alternating pattern.

Don't mind the crookedness. That's the fault of the photographer,  not the picture hanger. 

Now this is one of my favorite crafts. My mom took an old window a friend found in a shed, painted it white, and painted fish on it. So clever!


This cute "DREAM" side hangs in the bedroom Jeremy and I sleep in. My mom painted a board with the blue, then attached the letters. It's so cute and goes perfectly with the colors of the room!


This little button bouquet is one of my favorites of my mom's creations. It's so cheery and cute! My mom has made me one and it sits on my desk at work! I get lots of compliments!


And the best for last! This picture does not do the driftwood mirror justice. It is on a wall that is visible right when you walk in. It's awesome and ties the room together. Plus, it is SO my mom!! She loves the look driftwood and has put up with a lot teasing over the years about it. But, as usual, I've come to see that "mother knows best" and that driftwood is a really lovely look for homes on the lake!

So, that's some of my parent's place. There are many more beautiful projects included in their home, including a table that doubles as a beer cap display made by my dad. It's far cooler and classier than the beer cap tables we used to try to make in college, and I'm really bummed I didn't get a picture. Next time!

That's it for this week! Until next time, keep crafting!

SB


PS I hope you enjoy a video of Mosby's Lake Michigan swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment