Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A (Late) Quick Post

Work Out Rewards

SO...another busy, fun weekend up north. Labor Day weekend is always bittersweet for me. On one hand, it's a long weekend up north, enjoying good company and good weather (hooray!). On the other hand, it's always the last weekend of summer weather and boat rides (boo!). Jeremy dreads the Labor Day rides home; I've been known to cry about leaving my family/summer behind.

We got up to my parent's place late Friday night, and spent Saturday and Sunday hiking, boating, spending time with family and friends, and most importantly baby watching. My sister, her fiance, and Sofia were up at the lake, too. We all enjoyed passing the baby around, even if Mosby was a little jealous when "Mom" and "Grandma" held the baby and talked to her JUST like they talk to him.

On Monday, we got up and headed to the campground where Jeremy's parents have spent the last 27 summers vacationing. They have a wonderful group of friends, and a great tradition of "Big Breakfast" every Labor Day. Everyone gets together around the campfire in the morning and the guys make up a big skillet of eggs, meat, and potatoes. YUM! (My thoughtful in-laws even scooped some meat and potatoes out before the eggs went in, since they know I'm not a fan.)

Then, we headed to Jer's parent's house for some relaxing and an early dinner/late lunch. It's SO nice that we get to spend quality time with both sets of our parents when we go back to Michigan!

So, since we got back around 8:00 last night, I only have time for a quick craft this week. I debated sharing this craft, for one BIG reason.

I started to run a couple weeks ago. Now, while that's something I'm not embarrassed to share that, I have an unfortunate habit of getting into a GREAT exercise routine for about 3 or 4 months, then completely dropping it. It's always a little embarrassing when someone asks how it is going, and I have to admit that I have stopped working out. So, I've been keeping it a little hush-hush, only telling a couple friends and my parents.

Then, my loving husband started to brag to our family and friends this weekend that I wake up before work to go running. Very sweet, and now the cat's out of the bag. 

I've been running...and here's what it looked like on Sunday morning.




Isn't it beautiful? It's my parent's road.

So, my quick craft. I decided that every time I run or go to the gym, I'll give myself a dollar to spend on a special treat later. So, of course, I needed a place to put all of my dollars.

So, I just grabbed a little mason jar and some letter stickers.


And, viola! I have a little piggy bank!


*For the sake of total disclosure, you should know, this was a Pinterest rip-off (but it was too cute not to share!). 

I'm off to my FIRST WEEK OF KNITTING CLASS! So EXCITED! Thanks to everyone who helped fund my crafting habit! And for everyone else, I found a (cheaper) supplier of fabric! If you are still interested in some team fleece pants, let me know. I can now make them for $30 any day! Hooray!

Wish me luck with knitting!

Until next time, keep crafting!

SB





No comments:

Post a Comment